
I remember my parents telling me this once that life is a full circle... But again statements do not have the capacity to move you as much as your own experiences. As a teenager when I thought about this statement.. it was kind of didactic set of guidelines, preachy and again it was something I believed because of punishments or hellish experiences associated with it (if you do not perform your tasks in sync with morals of society, religion and so on, you would get punished by god). In late adolescence, I started questioning it and then through the years developed a disgust for it...because I started thinking that the believers in this statement are those who want to take refuge in their less successful lives... not having realised that how relative success is.
Years passed... but from deep within I was not able to convince myself to be a part of this rat race.. but again I succumbed to the pressures and fell into that trap...
Only after tasting that how distasteful are the fruits of unhealthy competition, I was in position to actually realize the significance of statements..I started reading number of self-help books and stuff to solve my queries but after a while I realized that it was no fodder for soul...rather slowly I was dissatisfied by their repeated platitudes and felt that these are coming in the way of my actual realization of myself...
Having said that.. I believe that no teaching can ever give you what you are capable of realizing yourself.. Teachings can perhaps influence your exterior but unless you experience on your own and get that inner calling..you will not be able to realise the depth of words.. Therefore constantly challenge yourself and do not accept the things just as they have been presented to you..
When i now say that life is full circle... it has ceased being a statement for me... It has become a living experience for me..!

No comments:
Post a Comment